Thursday, July 14

day 12: all inked up, too












I cannot even believe that this is the last Harry Potter movie. I never really got quite as engrossed in the movies like I did with the books, but these last two are just... I don't seem to have the words. I will be tearing up, if not flat out bawling, when I watch it. Just thinking about the trailer still gives me goosebumps.

And I don't believe I'm alone when I say that these books impacted me more than anything else I've ever read. Honestly, I don't believe that I would have my love of reading, books, and knowledge if my mother had not read me the story of Harry and his friends for bedtime. She would sit with me on the couch along with my dad and my brother and read to us a chapter. It was only ever me still awake by the end. And when our lives changed and my brother and I grew older, I carried on reading, devouring each one slowly, savoring each adventure as if I lived them. I'm actually the only one that finished the books in my family. Now they all hold a place of honor on my bookshelf.

So, wouldn't it be a great way to commemorate an irreplaceable part of your being with a very permanent tattoo? Maybe, maybe not. But I'm thinking about it. Those stories are one of the most memorable parts of my childhood, and as cliched as it is, made me the person I am today: a knowledge-hungry, fantasy-loving, imaginative nerd. With a slight passion for body art.


via hello, friend

other images from Harry Potter Tattoos submitted by members

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...