Tuesday, July 6

melissa the foodie & the green smoothie

Some may know that I am an adventurous eater. I will try anything once, and I especially like to try health foods. Today, I thought I would try a green smoothie, made with leafy greens along with fruit based off of the recipe in the video. I put in 1 frozen banana, about a cup of fresh strawberries and blueberries, about half a cup of orange juice and a splash of water and 4 leaves of romaine (I didn't have any spinach, a rare occurrence in my house. We're big on spinach.).

It turned out a bit on the brown side (red and green make brown...), but was still very tasty. I could kind of taste the romaine through the fruit, but it was very fresh. And healthy!

Be adventurous and do something good for your body!

2 comments:

  1. I always say you should try something at least once. And even though you have a green smoothie i am sure i would still try it.... maybe haha

    I happened across your blog when i was google searching Doctor Who. Where i found that we seem to be in the same place. I am a creative person constantly surrounded by math and sciences. Im an aerospace engineer at Mississippi State Uni. Some times you just *need* to do something creative.

    Really neat blog. Happy to run across a fellow creative/ engineer person.

    :D
    mk

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MaryKate
    Doctor Who! Yay! I love it when I meet people that know what Doctor Who is. And I've officially hooked 2 of my friends on it.

    It's also nice to know that I'm not completely out of my mind with this whole creative and logical personality and interests. It's really been giving me a headache lately, deciding which I should focus on more with school and everything. But I really can't be happy with just one side of my personality, so I'm trying to balance my life as best I can. I hope you can do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...