Saturday, August 7

week one in short

So free internet is pretty hard to come by in parts of Europe, especially Switzerland, Germany, and Austria! I thought I was going to be able to post a little more frequently, but in between getting up early, staying out late, and the scarcity of interwebs, you see what can happen. Best laid plans, my friends...

Anyway,I have a few highlights for you!


Big Ben in London, England, on a typical cloudy day

Unique cornices on houses on the canals of Amsterdam

Cologne Cathedral in Cologne, Germany. The most massive cathedral I've ever seen.

Inside one of the spires in Cologne. Yes, we hiked up 533 steps to the top of the cathedral.

Lake Lucerne in Switzerland. Ahhh I can see the Von Trapp family now...

Ok, waaaaaaay over on the left, the house with the brown roof, that was Audrey Hepburn's summer home! Yeah! This is also on Lake Lucerne.

Bluebells on Mount Pilatus in Switzerland. The first bluebells I've ever seen.

Another wildflower in the Swiss mountains. No edelweiss, however. Only in early spring.

COWS!!! From the Swiss mountains. If you look close enough, you can see their cowbells. They sound really lovely, actually. And don't worry, these are milk cows.

Venezia, Italia (Venice, Italy)!! By gondola! Favorite architecture in Europe so far.

And just look who I found when I turned around in Saint Mark's Square in Venice!!! I had no idea they were here!!!

Me and the fam. Picture taken by our awesome serenader!! Love him and his accordian buddy that made funny noises and knew he was "bravo." I love Italians...

I have some video, but I think I'm going to wait until I get home and have a proper computer to post that stuff.

Anyway, I hope I get to post again soon! Arrivederci!

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. God. I just died.

    1. You're in Europe and I'm dying of jealousy.
    2. You saw Audrey Hepburn's summer home.
    3. You saw the Cologne Cathedral.
    4. You saw the little dudes in St. Mark's square. And those people are sitting next to it like, nbd, just resting my legs next to some Roman history.

    Dying. Keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...