Tuesday, December 7

visions of sugarplums and delusions of grandeur


I'm ready to be a little bit more girly. It's the holiday season, and that just brings out the dreams of baking cookies, watching classic Christmas movies like Miracle on 34th Street and Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer, and pretending to be the best 50's housewife ever, as anti-feminist as that last bit may sound. All this talk about the holidays and family has me wanting to snuggle up next to a fire with a cup of hot chocolate and a quilt. 

A quilt that I don't have. 

A quilt that I want to make. 

Too bad I don't know the first thing about quilting...


via anyonecanquilt.typepad.com

Who are you kidding, Mel?! You don't have time for this! You don't even know your way around a sewing machine that well anymore! (Yes, at one point, like in 5th grade, it was a damn good seamstress. As good as a 5th grader could get, I guess.)


Maybe embroidery. I can do that, right?


Even if my embroidery would be something more like this? 
Probably not as cute as little flowers and houses, but more me. Geeky, internet-lovin' me.

Good luck to those that are taking finals, like me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...