Sunday, October 31

sorry for the slack

Well, it's been awhile since my last post. The middle of the semester always gets a little ridiculous, with tests and projects, birthdays and music festivals, so I'll give you a quick rundown of what's been going on:

My 20th birthday was about 2 and a half weeks ago. I'm no longer a teenager. I guess I had a tough time trying to grasp that, but now, it's all good. It's another part of life, getting older. But I'm really looking forward to all the things I'll do in the years to come. But to celebrate this passing out of childhood, we made s'mores and played Apples to Apples at my party.

I went to the Austin City Limits Music Festival on October 8, 9, and 10. I always have the time of my life there. The atmosphere there always helps me to remember to being loving and what makes humans human: love of beauty. Beautiful music, beautiful food, beautiful nature, beautiful people, beautiful friends! And thanks to Jennifer for introducing me to some new people and sticking with me throughout the masses of people!

And I've been trying to delay this last bit of info for some time... I still haven't heard back from the Visualization department about my application. This has me a little bit worried. I'm planning on trying to get in contact with them to know if I made it in or not. So as soon as I hear, I'll let you know what's going on. Thanks for thoughts and wishes during this process!

And I finally finished reading The Pillars of the Earth! What an amazing read! I was at a section about halfway through the book, around page 500, and I couldn't put it down! I swear I read at least 200 pages that day! If you want a book that you can read for a while but will never be bored with, this is it. Nearly a thousand pages of brilliant storytelling. Definitely one of my favorite books ever. And the mini-series is on Netflix, for those of you interested. I've been watching that, and it's just as breathtaking as the book.

So, this has been an attempt at a (quick) update on my life for the past month. I'm going to be better about posting everyday in November, I promise. And as for the giveaway that I'm planning, I'm still trying to figure out how to go about doing it. If you have any advice for me, leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...